I DID IT!!!!
The reason I am so happy is because I barely made my goal by the deadline. Back in the day, I used to read every free moment I had. When I came up with this reading challenge for the summer, I figured I could blow through 14 books by the middle of the summer.
Reality check. I was no where close. What I realized is that my life is not the same as it was back then. I have more responsibilities and less free time. I had to adjust my rules and allow for books in any form. So I was able to read 15 books in a mix of paperback, audiobook, eBook, and hardback books. It felt great reading books and using my imagination. Thank you to those who gave me book recommendations. I enjoyed most of the recommendations I received.
Below are the books I read and recommend all of these books. I really got caught up in the Beautiful Creatures series. I read those as eBooks and read all four books in two days. Then I watched the movie that was made from the book and I was disappointed. I forgot that not all book to movie translations are successful (i.e. Percy Jackson :-/) Divergent was a pretty good book to movie translation though. I have to remember that Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter movies are the exception and not the rule.
Anyway, I may not be able to read as often as I did this summer but I will make more of an effort to get back to reading. This has been one of my favorite challenges. I am going to try and repeat this challenge down the road, maybe in the winter. 🙂 Did anyone challenge themselves by reading books this summer? Let me know.
Books I read:
Reminder: The links below are affiliate links.
** highly recommend
- **Skin Game by Jim Butcher
- *Divergent by Veronica Roth
- **The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- *Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
- **The Giver by Lois Lowry
- **Lean in by Sheryl Sandberg
- *Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
- *Murder at Longbourn by Tracy Kiely
- Witch & Wizard by James Patterson and Cate Tiernan
- **Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- *Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- *Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- *Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- **BossyPants by Tina Fey