PREPARING FOR THE INTERVIEW
While the podcast interview itself is an audio interview, we record both audio and video, which is done via the Zoom service. To record, you will need either a computer, smartphone, or tablet that can be used with headphones, a microphone and a webcam. At the same time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application.
If you have questions about how to join, please visit this Zoom Help Page.
- Audio/Video Check
Welcome!! We'll chat initially, while I check the audio levels and make sure we can caputre the video for the recording and discuss any questions that may come up. The podcast interview will be strictly audio. The video portion of our conversation will be used for social media as well as bonus content for our Patreon supporters. I will let you know, before recording begins and we go “live.”
- Bonus Content
As a thank you to our listeners, I am sharing a separate 5-10 minute intimate conversation with you that we'll record before we begin the podcast interview. These are a few shorter more personal question and a rapid fire game of “This or That”. This isn't meant to be a heavy conversation, but one that shows you are a regular person like our listeners. It will also set the tone for our podcast interview. Relaxed. =)
- Chasing Dreams Shoutout
I will have you record a one-line intro for the episode that will be used for your episode and in some potential future recordings. Here are some options of what you may say:
“This is [your name] and you’re listening to the Chasing Dreams with Aimee J.”
“[Your own variation on the introduction] and you’re listening to Chasing Dreams with Aimee J.”
- Kick-Off & Introduction
The kick-off to the show is recorded separately and is where I will give a brief welcome to the podcast episode, our sponsors and Patreon supporters.
When we begin recording, I'll welcome you to the show and we'll get right into it.
- Story Time
Time to share the story behind your dream chase, where we will answer the following:
- What is your dream
- What obstacles were in your path?
- How did you overcome your obstacles?
- What lesson have you learned that you think a dream chaser should know?
- If you had more than one dream, I’d like to talk about that. Did you chase it simultaneously or sequentially, some other way, or not at all?
- Your Corner
- What is one action you would recommend a dream chaser take today?
- Any last things you want to share with the audience?
Things to Keep in Mind:
- If you have any trouble logging into Zoom, please let me know at email@example.com or text me on my cell. The number is in the invite.
- The interview is a combination of audio + video.
- Please use a quality microphone so that we can capture the best sound we can. That being said, if you can only use Apple headphones with mic then that’s all you can use. No worries.
- Please be in a quiet environment when you take the call and do your best to minimize little movements (crinkling paper, typing, rustling sounds, tapping a desk, etc.) that can be picked up during the recording. Even something as small as the microphone on headphones hitting your clothes can be picked up.
- This is a family-friendly podcast, please refrain from cursing or using offensive language.
- If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Finally, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you for being so willing to share your story and know-how with my listeners. =)
Recording Rights: By participating in the Chasing Dreams Interview, you agree to allow Aimee J., LLC to record, distribute, and disseminate the recording in any manner. You also agree to allow Aimee J., LLC to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and in all other public distribution.